Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Scratch That. Restart.

Project 365... right. I guess that didn't work out so well overall.

I've decided I'll start something new (and see how long it lasts this time...). I'll call it "Project 52" and it will revolve around taking photos each week around a specific theme (as put forth by a list from Digital Photography School). I'll take at least one pic a week- more if I'm inspired. I figure this is a good way to stay motivated and gain some direction to inspire ideas so I don't quit just because I have "nothing" to take pictures of. I like the interpretive nature of doing themes. Plus, it's less pressure if I don't have to post a picture every day. Setting myself up for success here, people.

I've copied the whole list into the sidebar if you want to see what kinds of themes will be coming up. The first one to start off this first week of the year is: "COLD." I haven't taken any real pictures yet, but I'll include a snapshot from our snowboarding trip last weekend since it fits the bill (and it would be pretty sad to not include a picture in the first post of this new project).


Wish me luck! (And if you have any photo goals of your own this year, let me know so I can follow along!)

2 comments:

  1. Oooo I totally love this idea. The 365 picture-a-day idea sounded too daunting to me, but maybe I could do 52! I'm still pretty clueless when it comes to photography but I have the equipment so maybe this will get me to practice more.

    Good luck with it and I'll let you know once I get a site up! :)

    ReplyDelete